UECHI-RYU KARATE-DO CODE OF ETHICS
(Translated from the Japanese)
DIRECTIONS FOR DOJO ACTIVITY
- The martial art begins and ends with respect.
- Bow upon entering and leaving the dojo (Training Hall or Gym) indicating respect.
- Diligently follow the instruction given by your instructor and your seniors.
- Thoughtless and careless actions such as whistling, singing, and social conversation have no place in the dojo.
- Refrain from engaging another student in idle conversation. Make the best use of time given for your class.
- Practice in a business-like manner. If you need to rest, do so in an area where you will not interfere with another's training.
- Person to person relationship in the dojo must be reinforced by courtesy and affection.
- Keep your body and your Gi (uniform) always clean.
- You are responsible for keeping your conduct under control inside and outside of the dojo.